Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Like Where I Live

Not only because of the big things--you know, like the fact that I'm needing to learn a new language or that I live across an ocean from my "homeland."  I like where I live because of the little things.

Like yesterday, for example.  Yesterday I had a nice morning of homework.  Then, I got to walk a couple miles through the historic center to my German class at the university.  At German class, I got to talk with Davit from Syria and Katarin from the Czech Republic (we talked about apple struedel).

Then, I met Paul and on the way we stopped by the bakery for a loaf of bread, which they sliced for us.  And, passing the market, we got our first bunch of spring asparagus (only, only, only thick, white asparagus here--people think the green kind is just strange).

Walking home from the market, I saw my favorite view, right before we turn onto our street--with the trees budding in front of a row of colorful old houses, with the giant St. Peter's Church tower behind.

It was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a Dispatch to Headquarters! (Really, please do. We like comments!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...